FINAL SCORE: Apprentice School 39, Greensboro College 7
RECORDS: Apprentice School 1-0, Greensboro College 0-1
LOCATION: Newport News, Va.
The Apprentice School Builders kicked off the 2017 campaign with a convincing 39-7 victory over Greensboro College. Saturday's win is the team's first season opener victory since 2006.
ON THE FIELD:
- In the second quarter, Brandon Jones scored a pair of rushing touchdowns in a span of four minutes to give the Builders a comfortable lead.
- Towards the end of the half, the Builders scored a safety on a botched snap on a punt and William Martin booted a 36-yard field goal as time expired to give the Builders a 25-0 lead at the half.
- Greensboro found the end zone when Chastin Robinson connected on a 66-yard TD pass with a few minutes remaining in the final quarter.
BEHIND THE BOX SCORE:
- The Builders racked up 539 total yards of offense.
- Brandon Jones scored a pair of touchdowns and led the rushing attack with 120 yards on 16 carries.
- Ethan Bryce scored twice with a rushing touchdown and a receiving touchdown.
- Brenden O'Neil led the passing attack with 143 yards through the air with a touchdown.
- The defense kept the Pride's offense to 189 yards and had 4 forced fumbles.
- Tyson Tillar had 2 forced fumbles and 6 tackles on the day.
- Illichris Gordon had 5 tackles on the day.
The Builders will travel to Ferrum College next Saturday, September 9th at 2 p.m.