Oct 14, 2017
The Apprentice School Builders dropped their fifth straight game with a 58-28 setback at Hampden-Sydney.
ON THE FIELD:
- The Pirates jumped out to a 6-0 lead with Alec Cobb connecting with Cam Johnson on a 17-yard pass.
- Apprentice responded 17 seconds later with a Brandon Jones 66-yard touchdown dash to take a 7-6 lead.
- Hampden-Sydney scored three more touchdowns in the quarter, including three more by Alec Cobb, to jump out to a 30-6 lead.
- The Pirates continued to find the end zone with a pair of rushing touchdowns in the second quarter to take a 44-7 lead at the break.
- Out of the break, the Pirates scored another touchdown before a 45-yard touchdown run by Ethan Bryce late in the third quarter.
- The Builders outscored the Pirates in the fourth quarter with Terrence Sudberry connecting on a pair of touchdowns.
- Rodney Addison caught a two-yard touchdown pass to cap a 14 play, 67-yard drive.
- Bryce Scott scored a touchdown late in the fourth quarter with a 70-yard connection from Terrence Sudberry.
BEHIND THE BOX SCORE:
- Big plays allowed the Builders offense to find the endzone with three of the four touchdowns coming from the first play on each drive (Brandon Jones 66 yard run, Ethan Bryce 45 yard run, Bryce Scott 70 yard catch).
- Terrence Sudberry was 11-for-22 with 157 yards and two touchdowns and two interceptions.
- Ethan Bryce led the rushing attack with 95 yards on 13 carries and a touchdown.
- Brandon Jones and Terrence Sudberry added 79 yards on the ground.
- Mike Scott led the Builders defense with 13 tackles, including two for a loss.
The Builders will host Randolph-Macon in its homecoming game on October 21st at 1 p.m.