Nov 11, 2017
Ethan Bryce scored three touchdowns, including one in overtime, to lift the Builders to an 28-27 overtime victory over Hudson Valley in their season finale.
ON THE FIELD:
- Hudson Valley wasted no time in taking the lead as Jaleel Kyles ran back the opening kickoff for a 90-yard kickoff return for an early 7-0 lead.
- Less than four minutes later, Nick West forced a fumble on a punt and the Builders capitalized as Ethan Bryce scored on a 5-yard run to tie the game at 7.
- The two teams remained tied until the fourth quarter when the Vikings took a 14-7 lead on a 20-yard touchdown pass from Wesley Manning to Josh McClean.
- Terrence Sudberry capped an eight-play, 46-yard drive with a 1-yard touchdown run to tie the game at 14.
- Shakeem Lassiter recovered a fumble and the Builders capitalized with Ethan Bryce scoring on a 7-yard touchdown run to put the Builders on top 21-14.
- The Vikings tied the game at 21 with less than a minute remaining in the game when Manning connected on his third touchdown pass of the game, this time connecting with Shaquille Edmond on a 14-yard pass.
- In overtime, the duo between Manning and Edmond connected on a 13-yard touchdown pass but the extra point was blocked as the Vikings took a 27-21 lead after the first possession.
- Ethan Bryce scored his third touchdown of the game with a 5-yard run and kicker Zack Schwenke converted the extra point to lift the Builders to an 28-27 win.
BEHIND THE BOX SCORE:
- The Builders out-rushed the Vikings 159-146 with Ethan Bryce leading the Builders with 22 carries for 121 yards and three touchdowns. Bryce also added four receptions for 74 yards.
- Terrence Sudberry was 7-for-25 through the air with 126 yards. He also added 14 yards on the ground with a touchdown.
- Belafonte Sherman led the Builders defense with seven tackles and a sack.
- Colton Lonaro added an interception with three tackles.