Four players scored in double figures as the Apprentice School men's basketball kicked off the MLK Classic with their first victory of the season 93-84 over Mid-Atlantic Christian.
ON THE COURT:
- William Wilcox fell just shy of a triple-double with 20 points, 10 assists and seven rebounds.
- Romello Anderson scored a team-high 22 points and added a game-high 14 rebounds.
- Jalen Warren added 19 points and six assists.
- Brandon Joyner contributed 10 points off the bench.
- The Builders shot 42% from the floor and made 11 three-pointers with Wilcox draining six.
- The Builders outscored the Mustangs with a 44-24 advantage in the paint.
- Grayson Tejeda led the Mustangs with 24 points.
- The Builders trailed 11-5 seven minutes into the game before going on a 41-17 run in the final 13 minutes to take a 46-28 lead at the break.
The Builders continue action on Friday with the second day of the MLK Classic with a 7:30 p.m. tip against Florida National, who was victorious 82-58 over Stratford in the first game. Stratford and Mid-Atlantic Christian will play at 5:30 on Friday night.