Four Builders scored in double-figures but the Apprentice School men's basketball fell short 84-77 to Florida National in the second day of the MLK Classic.
ON THE COURT:
- Jalen Warren led the Builders with 18 points with three three-pointers.
- Romello Anderson added 17 points and eight boards.
- Drew Walton contributed 16 points and 14 rebounds for a double-double.
- William Wilcox notched a double-double in consecutive games with 12 points and 13 rebounds.
- Both teams scored the bulk of their points in the paint with Florida National holding a 50-44 advantage.
- The Builders out-rebounded the Conquistadors 46-36 and scoring 18 second-chance points.
- Florida National was led by Terence Johnson, who had a game-high 26 points and added nine rebounds.
The teams will be back in action again on Saturday when the MLK Classic concludes. Florida National will face Mid-Atlantic Christian at 2 p.m. followed by the Builders hosting Stratford, who defeated Mid-Atlantic Christian 84-53 early Friday night, at 4 p.m.