Lady Builders Knock Out Clippers 83-40
FINAL SCORE: Apprentice School 83, Maine-Machias 40
RECORDS: Apprentice School 6-3, Maine-Machias 2-10
LOCATION: Presque Isle, Maine
ON THE COURT: The Apprentice School Lady Builders rebounded from a tough loss on Friday night with a thorough 83-40 win over the University of Maine-Machias in a U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association matchup in Presque Isle, Maine.
The Lady Builders held a lead throughout the game and forced Maine-Machias into 40 turnovers. In the second half, the Lady Builders hit a blistering 53.5% from the floor and outscored the Clippers 50-18.
Freshman Julissa Riddick was the leading scorer for the Apprentice School with a season high 13 points, while sophomore Bria Hill had a career high 12 points, five assists and five steals. Freshman Jessica Neighbors chipped in with a season-high 10 points.
BEHIND THE BOXSCORE
- Riddick topped her previous season high of nine points against Bennett on Nov. 23 with her 13 points today.
- Hill topped her previous career high set earlier this month as she scored 11 against St. Joseph's College-Brooklyn.
- The Lady Builders had 27 steals in the contest which is the most they've had in a game since Nov. 17, 2012 when they had 30 against Bennett.
- Kenya Wilkerson nearly recorded a triple-double with eight points, eight assists and a career-high nine steals. She also had six rebounds to share game-high honors.
- The nine steals is the seventh most in a game by one person and the most since Rahshann Lewter had 12 against Marygrove College on March 9, 2006.
- Neighbors was a perfect 5-for-5 from the floor for her 10 points.
HOW FAR NORTH ARE THEY
The Lady Builders are playing as far north as an Apprentice School team has gone as they are about 12 miles from the Canadian border playing in Presque Isle, Maine.
Apprentice School closes out its three-game swing in upper Maine as they face the host University of Maine-Presque Isle Owls in an 11 am tipoff.