The Lady Builders picked up their first victory of the 2017-2018 season with a 75-51 triumph over Berkeley (NY) on Saturday afternoon. Ylexzis Traeger led the team with 20 points and 13 boards to pick up her first double-double of the season. Latrice Washington added 18 points and Tyne Innocent contributed 11 points off the bench.
ON THE COURT:
- Three Builders scored in double-figures with Ylexzis Traeger leading the way with 20 points on 10-19 shooting from the floor. Latrice Washington added a season-high 18 points and Tyne Innocent added 11 points off the bench.
- The Lady Builders had a +21 rebounding margin with the team grabbing 60 rebounds on the game, including 32 offensive boards. Ylexzis Traeger had a game-high 13 rebounds and Quanisha Bruce pulled down 10 boards.
- The team struggled from the three-point line with only one made basket in 17 attempts but was able to force 36 turnovers and scored 24 points off of turnovers.
- Tyne Innocent had a team-high six steals.
- Berkeley was led by Ayana Ratliff, who scored a game-high 33 points and added eight rebounds.
The Apprentice School returns to action with a noon tipoff against SUNY-Delhi on Sunday afternoon.