The Apprentice School women's basketball shook off a cold shooting night to clinch their fourth straight victory with a 51-39 win over Carlow on Monday afternoon. The Lady Builders led 34-29 at halftime and held Carlow to ten points in the final half, including just one point in the fourth quarter, to hold on to the victory.
ON THE COURT:
- Both teams struggled offenisively with the Apprentice School (28%) edging Carlow (24%) on the floor.
- Ylexzis Traeger led all scorers with 20 points. The senior added 11 rebounds for a double-double.
- Quanisha Bruce and Julissa Riddick each added seven points. Bruce added 11 rebounds.
- The Lady Builders held a 55-45 advantage on the boards and had 25 offensive rebounds.
- The Apprentice School shot 1-for-19 behind the arc but converted 22 turnovers into 13 points.
- The Lady Builders held the Celtics to 9% shooting in the second half and did not allow the Celtics to score a field goal in the fourth quarter.
- Carlow was led by Emma Stille, who had 10 points and a game-high 18 rebounds.
The Lady Builders conclude their quick two-game road trip with a 5 p.m. tip at Penn-State Beaver on Tuesday evening.