FINAL SCORE: Danville CC 6, Apprentice School 3
WHERE: War Memorial Stadium – Hampton, VA
RECORDS: Danville CC 21-21, Apprentice School 27-7
RANKINGS: Apprentice School (#1 USCAA)
- The Knights opened the scoring with three runs in the second inning on a RBI double from Connor Adams, a fielders choice and a safety squeeze bunt.
- A double from Jonathan Aparicio and a single from Tyler Casselbury plated a run each in the third as Danville took a 5-0 lead.
- Aldridge drove in the first run for the Builders in the fifth with a one-out double to score Chris Scarola who had singled previously.
- After scoring on a wild pitch in the sixth, Cowles drove in a run in the seventh with a single to bring the Builders to within two at 5-3.
- Danville added an insurance run in the ninth as Adams drove in Dylan Sligh with a sacrifice fly.
BEHIND THE BOXSCORE
- With a stolen base in the first inning, Chris Aldridge now has 22 stolen bases to start the year which is the most consecutive to start a season in the last 10 years.
- Danville took advantage of three Builder errors on Wednesday as five of the six runs allowed were unearned.
- Apprentice School had won five of the last six meetings with Danville, having split a doubleheader at Dan Daniel Park in Danville in 2010.
Apprentice School hosts NCAA Division III 17th-ranked Christopher Newport University at 4 pm on Thursday to continue a five-game homestand to conclude the 2013 regular season.