FINAL SCORE: Penn State Greater Allegheny 9, Apprentice School 3
WHERE: Butler, PA – Pullman Park
EVENT: USCAA Small College World Series – 3rd place game
RECORDS: Apprentice School 34-10, Penn State Greater Allegheny 34-16
SEEDINGS: Apprentice School (1), Penn State Greater Allegheny (5)
Zach Krivda scattered 10 hits and struck out 10 in going the distance as Penn State Greater Allegheny defeated The Apprentice School 9-3 for third place in the 2013 USCAA Small College World Series on Thursday morning.
- Penn State Greater Allegheny scored in every inning but the seventh in knocking off the Apprentice School in the third-place game of the 2013 USCAA Small College World Series.
- The Builders cracked the scoreboard in the third as Devorn Lake hit a sacrifice fly to left to score pinch-runner Lee Rossi.
- After giving up two in the top of the fourth, Apprentice School answered with one in the fourth as Tim Moore singled in Brock Harris who started the inning with a single.
- Apprentice School added a run in the sixth as Trevin Wilson reached on a fielders choice to score Harris.
- Moore was 3-for-3 to lead the Apprentice School who finished with a school record 34 wins. Chris Scarola, Chris Aldridge and Harris had two hits apiece for the Builders.
BEHIND THE BOXSCORE
- Moore was 3-for-4 in two games to lead the Builders with a .750 batting average in the tournament. Harris and Aldridgefollowed him at .500 while Wilson was at .429.
- The 34 wins set a school record and the winning percentage of .772 is also the best in school history.