FINAL SCORE: Apprentice School 7, Virginia Wesleyan 0
RECORDS: Apprentice School 23-11; Virginia Wesleyan 12-21
LOCATION: War Memorial Stadium/Hampton, VA
RANKING: Apprentice School #5
IN BRIEF: Senior Zach Harding was 2-for-4 with a two-run double as the Apprentice School topped Virginia Wesleyan College 7-0 on Monday night at War Memorial Stadium.
ON THE FIELD
- The Builders got on the scoreboard in the first inning as Brock Harris walked and stole second before Christian Burton drove him in with a single.
- In the third, the Builders matched the inning number with a three-spot to take a 4-0 lead. Harris started with a single and went to second on an error. After one out, Brian Belvin was hit by a pitch and Burton walked to load the bases. Following a strikeout, Lee Rossi reached on an error to score Harris. A bases loaded walked to Chris Perry followed by an RBI single to Trevin Wilson scored Belvin and Burton respectively for a 4-0 advantage.
- Apprentice School scratched a run across in the sixth as Harris singled and later scored on a wild pitch. In the seventh, Rossi started the inning with a walk and Perry was hit by a pitch to put runners at first and second. Following a sacrifice bunt from Wilson, Harding drilled a pitch to left-center to score Rossi and Perry for the 7-0 lead.
BEHIND THE BOXSCORE
- Taylor Gomer went 6.2 innings to earn his fifth win on the year. He allowed six hits and struck out two for the win. Colton Copeland came in to finish the game throwing 2.1 innings and allowing one hit and one walk.
- Harris was 2-for-3 with three runs scored to join Harding in the multi-hit club on Monday night.
NEXT UP – Christopher Newport University
The Builders are now off for a week before they host Christopher Newport University in a 4pm start at War Memorial Stadium on April 22. They will travel to CNU the next afternoon for a 3pm start at Captains Park.