FINAL SCORE: Cincinnati-Clermont 4, Apprentice School 2
RECORDS: Cincinnati-Clermont 28-10, Apprentice School 28-14
LOCATION: USCAA Small College World Series – Jacksonville, IL.
SEEDINGS: Cincinnati-Clermont (1); Apprentice School (4)
IN BRIEF: The Apprentice School finished its 2014 season on Thursday as they fell 4-2 to Cincinnati-Clermont in the third place game at the USCAA Small College World Series.
ON THE FIELD
- The Builders broke through for two runs in the top of the fourth as Christian Burton singled and Javier Remigio followed with a double to score pinch-runner Thomas Richardson. After a foul out, Darius Harris drew a walk and Brock Harris reached on an error to score pinch-runner Thomas Dudley for a 2-0 lead.
- Cincinnati-Clermont answered with a pair in the bottom of the fourth on a sacrifice fly from Dayton Rausch and a pinch-hit RBI single from Tyler Simmons to tie the game 2-2.
- In the bottom of the fifth, the Cougars got two more runs on a bases loaded walk to Trevor Cunningham and a bases loaded hit-by-pitch to Mike Gastrich.
BEHIND THE BOXSCORE
- Three Builders had a hit apiece as Chris Aldridge joined Remigio and Burton with a base hit apiece.
- Sam Massie took the loss throwing 0.2 innings of relief from starter Kyle Clark. He allowed four hits and two runs.
- Cincinnati-Clermont only had five hits as five different players had one hit each behind a complete game performance of Everett Osborne. HE threw seven innings and walked three with two strikeouts.
QUICK ROLL THROUGH RECORDS
A few single-season standouts for the Builders included:
- Chris Aldridge with 65 hits to finish sixth on the single-season list, while his .358 career batting average is ninth best in school history. He had 227 hits for his career to finish second on that list.
- Brock Harris drew a team-high 33 walks to finish tied for fourth in the single-season list.
- As a pitching staff, the season-ending 3.21 earned run average was fourth best on the single-season list.