BRIDGEWATER, Va. - A late second half surge doomed the Apprentice School men's basketball team as they fell 84-75 to Eastern Mennonite on Saturday evening as part of the Don Glick Tournament hosted by Bridgewater College.
ON THE COURT:
In the first half, the Builders held an eight-point lead before the Royals cut the deficit to one at the break. The Builders shot 54% from the floor and were led by Marion Moore and Sam Morris, who had eight points each. They held the Royals to 37% shooting from the floor. The Royals found their offensive groove in the second half and saw their largest lead reach 13. The Builders cut the lead to three with a little bit over two minutes remaining before the Royals went on an 11-5 run to close out the game.
BEHIND THE BOX SCORE:
- Marion Moore led the Builders with 20 points. He was 10-for-15 from the field.
- Drew Walton added 17 points and 10 rebounds.
- Sam Morris connected on four three-pointers as part of his 14 points.
- Corey Joyner added eight assists along with his seven points.
- The Builders were edged in the paint with the Royals holding a 40-32 advantage.
- Sammy Thomas led the Royals with 17 points.