NEWPORT NEWS, Va. - The Apprentice School men's basketball team had six players score in double-figures as they dominated Regent University 105-63 on Monday evening.
ON THE COURT: The Builders shot 44% from the floor in the first half as they cruised to a 24 point lead at the break. They continued to put put pressure on Regent, who defeated the Builders' cross-town rival Stratford only a few days ago, as they extended their lead with 12 players seeing action in the men's final regular season game of the season.
BEHIND THE BOX SCORE:
- Drew Walton posted a double-double with 19 points and 13 rebounds.
- Marion Moore added 19 points while Bryant Fuller contributed 11 points.
- Andre Brown came off the bench and added 15 points with five three-pointers during an electrifying run in the second half.
- Ken Smith added 14 points off the bench on 6-for-7 shooting.
- Brandon Joyner contributed 16 points.
- Two players almost notched triple-doubles for the Builders with Corey Joyner scoring nine points, adding nine assists and grabbing seven rebounds. Miles Barrett had six points, eight assists, and seven rebounds.
- The Builders converted 25 turnovers into 34 points and dominated in the paint with a 46-28 advantage.
- Regent was led by Kristopher Warren who had 26 points.
The Builders return to action next Tuesday as they host the quarterfinals of the EMAC Conference Tournament.