ELIZABETH CITY, NC. - The Apprentice School men's basketball team had five players score in double-figures as they dominated Appalachian Bible College 112-58 on Saturday.
ON THE COURT: The Builders used a balanced attack and stifling defensive effort to earn a 54-22 halftime lead. The Maroon and White continued the strong play in the second half and each of the eleven active players recorded a field goal in the 112-58 win.
BEHIND THE BOX SCORE:
- Drew Walton posted his second straight double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
- Marion Moore added 18 points while Corey Joyner contributed 11 points.
- Sam Morris came off the bench and added 16 points, knocking down four three-pointers.
- Tyrese Tingle scored the first points of his collegiate career, finishing the game with 15 points off the bench on 7-for-11 shooting.
- Caleb Mielewski contributed 9 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists and 4 steals.
- The Builders dominated the offensive boards with 32 offensive rebounds on 50 missed shot attempts.
- The final rebounding margin was 63 to 32.
The Builders return to action on Tuesday as they travel to Division 1 opponent Hampton University.