EVENT: Glenn Heath Shipbuilders Memorial
LOCATION: Williamsburg Club/Williamsburg, VA
IN BRIEF: In its final event of the 2015 spring season, the Builders took ninth place in the Glenn Heath Shipbuilders Memorial Tournament held at Williamsburg Club on Monday.
ON THE COURSE
- The tournament was moved to a one-day, two-round affair due to the high chance of rain for most of Tuesday.
- Perry Barber was the low man for the tournament for the Builders as he carded an 82-85 for a 167 total and a tie for 36th place finish in the 70 person field.
- Phillip Nelson was two strokes behind Barber as he was the low man for the second round coming in with an 87-82 for a 169 total and a tie for 43rd place finish.
- Tim Moore shot 88-84 on Monday to finish with a 172 total and came in 49th place.
- Chris Davis was next with an 87-88 to end with a 175 total and finished tied for 51st.
- Forrest Barefoot was consistent on Monday with a pair of 91 rounds for a 182 finish and a tie for 59th place overall.
- Patrick Henry Community College and Shenandoah University were tied for the tournament title with 600 totals. PHCC won the playoff on the first hole to take home the team title.
- Tyler Slough of PHCC was the individual medalist coming in with rounds of 73 and 70 for a one-under-par 143. He edged Evan Cocke of Shenandoah by one stroke as he came in with a 74 and 70 for an even par 144.