The Lady Builders women's basketball team mounted a furious rally in the fourth quarter but fell short to drop a 76-74 road contest to Virginia Wesleyan on Saturday afternoon. The Lady Builders trailed 73-59 halfway through the fourth quarter and went on a 14-3 run in the final few minutes but could not complete the comeback.
ON THE COURT:
- Ylexzis Traeger had a game-high 22 points and added 10 rebounds for a double-double.
- Latrice Washington added 11 points and Aquazia Jones contributed 10 points for the Lady Builders.
- Quanisha Bruce pulled down 10 rebounds.
- The Lady Builders showed success from the charity stripe going 81% (26-for-32) from the free-throw line.
- The team converted 23 turnovers with 11 steals. Quanisha Bruce had a team-high four steals in the game.
The Lady Builders will return to action on Saturday, December 9th as they host Bridgewater in their home opener at 2 p.m.