The Lady Builders had five players score in double figures as they snapped a five-game losing streak with a 84-45 rout over Bluefield State on Thursday evening. Alexis Wethington scored a career-high 18 points off the bench and Quanisha Bruce scored 13 points and grabbed 14 rebounds for a double-double.
ON THE COURT:
- Alexis Wethington went 7-for-8 from the field for a career-high 18 points. She also grabbed seven rebounds in 19 minutes of action off the bench.
- Ylexis Traeger scored 17 points and added five rebounds.
- Latrice Washington and Julissa Riddick each scored 13 points apiece.
- The Lady Builders shot 49% from the field and held Bluefield State to 21%.
- The Apprentice School trailed 15-14 after the first quarter and outscored the Big Blue 16-3 to take a 30-18 lead at the half. The Lady Builders then outscored Bluefield State 35-11 in the third quarter to break the game open.
- The Lady Builders out-rebounded the Big Blue 50-34.
- The Apprentice School had 17 assists on the game with Julissa Riddick dishing out five of her own.
- Bluefield State was led by Lyric Hampton with 18 points.
The Lady Builders will be back in action on Sunday afternoon as they host Washington Adventist at 2 p.m.