FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. - The Apprentice School women's basketball squandered a late lead as they dropped a 75-70 road contest to Methodist University on Saturday afternoon.
ON THE COURT: The Lady Builders led 52-44 after three quarters and Methodist scored 31 points in the fourth quarter to steal the victory. Methodist battled back to tie the game at 66-66 with a little over two minutes remaining. A jumper and five straight free throws quickly extended the lead to seven and the Lady Builders were held at bay the remainder of the game.
BEHIND THE BOX SCORE:
- Aquazia Jones led all scorers with 28 points, including five three-pointers. She added seven rebounds and six assists.
- Jordan Wilson added 22 points while Alexis Wethington added 13 points.
- The Lady Builders forced 21 turnovers and had 17 steals which led to 17 points off the turnovers and 31 fastbreak points.
- The Apprentice School had a 36-24 advantage in the paint but struggled from the free-throw line, converting 10 of 21 opportunities.
- Methodist was led by four players who scored in double figures including a team-high 17 points from Tyzarea Alexander.
The Lady Builders return to action on Sunday afternoon as they host the University of Maine-Fort Kent as part of a doubleheader with the men's team. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. while the men's basketball game is slated to tip off at 4 p.m.