Posted: Jan 13, 2019
NEWPORT NEWS, Va. - The Apprentice School women's basketball team fell 74-52 to Maine-Fort Kent on Sunday afternoon.
ON THE COURT: Maine-Fort Kent set the tempo early by jumping out to an 11-0 run to start the game before a Jordan Wilson three-point basket put the Lady Builders on the board. The Bengals pushed their lead to 15 to control the quarter. The Lady Builders had a stronger second half as they trailed by eight at the break. The Bengals posted 28 points in third quarter as they cruised to their 15th victory of the season.
BEHIND THE BOX SCORE:
- Aquazia Jones led all players with 25 points, including five three-pointers. She also added seven steals.
- Alexis Wethington added a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds.
- The Lady Builders turned the ball over 24 times which led to 28 points for the Bengals.
- Defensively, the Lady Builders forced 19 turnovers and had 12 steals.
- The Bengals were led by Tajaheray McMahan, who had 22 points.
- Trinity Washington was close to a triple-double for the Bengals with six points, 15 rebounds and 13 assists.
The Lady Builders continue their four-game homestand with a mid-week matchup against Regent University on Thursday night at 6 p.m. The Lady Builders will conclude their homestand next weekend as they host Voorhees College and Warren Wilson as part of the MLK Classic.